The search is on for international talents to perform at the 2017 K-Pop World Festival in Changwon! Now is your chance to represent Singapore with your talents at your dream stage. Shortlisted preliminary finalists can look forward to an ultimate chance to visit Korea to experience the Korean culture and have the chance to share the stage with some of the biggest names in Korean Pop Music industry like TWICE and BTS!
Returning for the 4th year running, the KBS K-Pop World Festival (Singapore Preliminaries) is set to take centre stage as a stand alone event, at Our Tampines Hub on 5th August 2017, with special guest Lee Jung Shin from CNBLUE!
Unlike in previous years, the competition is now open to all who work/study and reside in Singapore excluding tourist. Participants should also be of non-Korean descent and will be representing Singapore for this competition.
- Two categories available – Vocal & Dance Performance
Dance Performance: Have to lipsync cover songs, winners to submit separate recorded audio, recommended to have same number of members as the group you are covering
Vocal: No limit to number of vocalists however KBS has the right to remove those insignificant to the group, allowed to have 2 dancers on stage for added performance
- Auditions to be held on 8 & 9 July
- Shortlisted applicants will battle it out at Singapore Preliminary of the K-Pop World Festival 2017
- Top two will represent Singapore & battle it out with teams from other countries
- 8th & 9th July, behind closed-doors
- Audition venue and time slot will be allocated accordingly within 3 working days from the day of online registration
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by mid July latest.
- Preliminary Stage: 5th August 2017, 5pm
- Venue: Our Tampines Hub (Festive Plaza)
- Admission: Free and open to public
Be sure to visit SGKPOPFEST for more details regarding the event.
Stay tuned to The Seoul Story for more updates! 🙂