Calling all aspiring K-pop stars in Australia!
As part of the celebrations for Korean Cultural Day this year, the Korean Cultural Centre in Sydney will be holding the ‘2016 K-pop Singing Contest’ this October. One lucky performer stands a chance to win a return flight to South Korea (terms and conditions apply) and cash prize of AUD500!
The qualification criteria is as follows:
- All K-pop lovers in Australia who can sing K-pop in Korean
- All participants must be participating as a solo (non-Korean background only) or duet (Korean background & non-Korean background or 2 x non-Korean background) (No more than 2 people in any participating group)
- 2 people in duet must participate in singing more than half of an entire song.
- Participants must be eligible to travel overseas.
- Only the singing will be judged; performance elements such as choreography and stage presence will not be considered.
To audition, participants must send an application form together with a video clip of them singing with MR (Music Recorded) or without music via email by 19 October. The video should be uploaded on either YouTube or Vimeo. Shortlisted applicants will be revealed by 21 October, and they will go on to compete in the final round.
For the final stage, 3 reputable judges will be present in addition to specially picked audience judges. All participants on the final stage must provide their MR (Music Recorded) files and members from each participating group cannot be substituted. The members in the online audition must be the same members participating in the final stage.
The Final Stage
Date: 29 October 2016
Venue: Korean Cultural Centre Australia (255 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000)
For more information, visit the Korean Cultural Centre’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/koreanculturoo/ and the KCC K-pop Singing Contest website http://www.koreanculture.org.au/ksing/. All the best to all applicants! 🙂
PATRONIZE US: http://www.theseoulstory.com/
TWEET US: http://www.twitter.com/theseoulstory
‘LIKE’ US: http://www.facebook.com/theseoulstorydotcom
WATCH US: http://www.youtube.com/c/theseoulstory